Take a bite out of Diana Gabaldon's New York Times bestselling Outlander novels, the inspiration for the hit Starz series, with this immersive official cookbook from OutlanderKitchen.com founder Theresa Carle-Sanders!
This item ships to the U.S.
This item ships within 1 business days.
Claire Beauchamp Randall's incredible journey from postwar Britain to eighteenth-century Scotland and France is a feast for all five senses, and taste is no exception. From Claire's first lonely bowl of porridge at Castle Leoch to the decadent roast beef served after her hasty wedding to Highland warrior Jamie Fraser, from gypsy stew and jam tarts to fried chicken and buttermilk drop biscuits, there are enough mouth-watering meals along the way to whet the appetite of even the most demanding palate.
Now professional chef and founder of OutlanderKitchen.com Theresa Carle-Sanders offers up this extraordinary cuisine for your table. Featuring more than one hundred recipes, Outlander Kitchen retells Claire and Jamie's incredible story through the flavors of the Scottish Highlands, the French Revolution, and beyond. Following the high standards for prodigious research and boundless creativity set by Diana Gabaldon herself, Carle-Sanders draws on the events and characters of the novels to deliver delicious and inventive dishes that highlight local ingredients and traditional cooking techniques. Yet amateur chefs need not fear: These doable, delectable recipes have been updated for today's modern kitchens. Here are just a few of the dishes that will keep the world of Outlander on your mind morning, noon, and nicht:
- Breakfast: Yeasted Buckwheat Pancakes; A Coddled Egg for Duncan; Bacon, Asparagus, and Wild Mushroom Omelette
- Appetizers: Cheese Savories; Rolls with Pigeons and Truffles; Beer-Battered Corn Fritters
- Soups & Stocks: Cock-a-Leekie Soup; Murphy's Beef Broth; Drunken Mock-Turtle Soup
- Mains: Peppery Oyster Stew; Slow-Cooked Chicken Fricassee; Conspirators' Cassoulet
- Sides: Auld Ian's Buttered Leeks; Matchstick Cold-Oil Fries; Honey-Roasted Butternut Squash
- Bread & Baking: Pumpkin Seed and Herb Oatcakes; Fiona's Cinnamon Scones; Jocasta's Auld Country Bannocks
- Sweets & Desserts: Black Jack Randall's Dark Chocolate Lavender Fudge; Warm Almond Pastry with Father Anselm; Banoffee Trifle at River Run
With full-color photographs and plenty of extras-including cocktails, condiments, and preserves-Outlander Kitchen is an entertainment experience to savor, a wide-ranging culinary crash course, and a time machine all rolled into one. Forget bon appétit. As the Scots say, ith do leòr! Hardcover: 352 pages